Thursday, September 26, 2013

Marijuana

Me: "Do you drink alcohol?"

Her: "Yes, but not since I found out I was pregnant."

Me: "Do you smoke?"

Her: "No."

Me: "Do you use any other drugs?"

Her: "Well, I use marijuana."

Me: "Do you have any plans to quit?"

Her: "I want to, you know, for the baby, but I haven't been able to yet."

Me: "What's holding you back?"

Her: "I'm around a lot of people who do it, so it's always there."

Husband: "All my family members have marijuana cards. Mine is for back pain. It's a big part of my life."

Me: "Did you read the information the office provided about marijuana use during pregnancy?"

Husband: "Yes, and I think they need to do more studies. We both used marijuana for the whole time she was pregnant for the first two girls and there hasn't been a problem with them. Ask them if you think there's a problem. They do well in school. They are geniuses."

Me: "I understand that, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't tell you that we have no idea what long-term effects marijuana may have on your kids. Also that it is illegal for her to use marijuana acquired on your license."

Husband: "So...can you give us a marijuana license?"

No comments:

Post a Comment