Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Must Be Nice

I was in the zone studying for boards. Suddenly, one of my professors (a doctor) appeared behind me and read the question I was working.

The problem painted a clinical picture of Vitamin C deficiency to the point of scurvy and the question asked, "This patient's symptoms are most likely due to enzyme hypoactivity in which cellular compartment?"

The teacher thought he'd help me by supplying the diagnosis, which I'd already made. Then he read through the answer choices.

"Rough endoplasmic reticulum?! Does that mean there is a smooth endoplasmic reticulum? And what the heck is the Golgi? I guess that shows you how much you use this stuff once you're a doctor."

I laughed, he laughed, and I felt a little better about the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment